miercuri, 4 septembrie 2013

How I got great audio in my movie with no money.

 Like usual, if you read my last post, you'd know that I'm struggling with two issues right now- audio and video. For those of you who don't know, I'm trying to make a movie by myself, using what I already have- a 1920&1080 full high definition camera and a crap video editing software(crashes a lot) called Cyberlink Powerdirector 10(they probably had the bugs fixed in the next version, but this is what I'm using).

 So yesterday I was talking about getting quality audio. Since the area I'm filming in is in continuous construction, I decided I'd reproduce the entire audio, scene by scene as I'm shooting them. I started out with scene 25, because it's just one steady shot taking place on the terrace. This started out bad- In the first take I ruined my cellphone(and didn't even get it on camera, because it was moved by the wind). The second take went better.

 So I went inside and started editing my footage. I muted the clip and worked on the color correction, then produced it. I then took the produced part and added background noise downloaded from SoundJay.com(which sounded great, fortunately). With some other sound effects such as footsteps, cellphones(all downloaded free on SoundJay), I had a great piece of background audio. All that was needed was my dialogue, which I successfully recorded in my mini recording booth(I'll make a tutorial on how to build one). Those being done, I think this is the best sounding scene so far.

 As for this day, I'll be doing some of the quick transition scenes. Next problem- indoor lightning.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu